Best Fanyi Translators and Reviews 2020
In this article, we will comprehensively review the most popular Fanyi 翻译 translators (Google, Baidu, Youdao, and Sogou Fanyi) in terms of accuracy and user friendliness, to help you choose a better online assistant.
What does Fanyi mean? Fanyi is a Chinese word in Pinyin, it means Translate in English and writen as 翻译 in Chinese characters. There are many websites providing online Fanyi translate services, Google, Baidu, Youdao and Sogou are the most widely used service providers. If you are a non-Chinese speaker and want to learn about Chinese resources, or if you want to translate other languages into Chinese, these Fanyi sites can help. However, due to the different technology, language reserve, information update timeliness, these sites have a lot of differences presenting results. For example, Google Fanyi might be the most widely used in the world, but it need to be checked that if Google is the best one.
We chose two paragraphs in two languages for comparison.
'President Donald Trump of the United States made headlines on Saturday for wearing a face mask in public for the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic on a visit to the Walter Reed military hospital in Maryland, where he met wounded soldiers and healthcare workers.
Trump had previously said he would not wear a mask and mocked the Democratic Party's presidential contender, Joe Biden, for wearing one. But he claimed on Saturday: "I've never been against masks but I do believe they have a time and a place."'
English to Chinese
1. Baidu Fanyi can generally translate the meaning of the whole paragraph, more than 90% accurate.
2. The names of people and places are appended with the original language for reference.
3. Baidu gives you an option to find a human translator, in case you are not satisfied with the auto-translated results.
1. Trump wears mask ‘during’ the visit, not 'after'.
2. "They have a time and a place", in Chinese, here ‘they’ should be translated into ‘戴口罩这件事’, not ‘口罩’.
3. I don't understand why Baidu missed "COVID-19 pandemic" in the results. It should be the key information in this paragraph.
4. it translates masks into ‘面具’,but it should be ‘口罩’ in Chinese.
5. In addition, the translation result is not particularly fluent in Chinese, which sounds a little like a non-native speaker speaking awkward Chinese.
1. Google Fanyi can roughly translate the meaning of the whole paragraph, 80% of the meaning is accurate.
2. Google marks the pronunciation of pinyin in Chinese.
1. In terms of expression, Google’s result is more like a running log of what happed in the past days, you may hardly tell what is the core expression.
2. It also made the same mistake as Baidu did. "They have a time and a place", in Chinese, here ‘they’ should be translated into ‘戴口罩这件事’, not ‘口罩’.
3. In addition, it translates masks into ‘面具’,but it should be ‘口罩’ in Chinese.
1. We must admit that the translation result of Youdao Fanyi is surprisingly good, which not only highlights the key points, but also does not have the problem of referring-to mistakes. The whole translation result is clear and concise, like a well-educated Chinese telling you some thing exactly.
2. Plus, it gives you an option to look for human translators too. Five stars.
In general, the translation result of sogou is acceptable, reaching more than 90% accuracy.
It also made the same mistake as Baidu did. "They have a time and a place", in Chinese, here ‘they’ should be translated into ‘戴口罩这件事’, not ‘口罩’.
Among the 4 online Fanyi websites listed, reviewing English to Chinese translation results, we can see the accuracy of Youdao Fanyi is surprising. So we recommend Youdao Fanyi as your best choice to translate English to Chinese..
Chinese To English
1. More than 80% of the original meaning can be translated basically.
1. COVID-19 was not translated.
2. Translation error in the last sentence. The "first time" refers to the wrong object.
1. The translation accuracy is 70%, ok, basically passed.
2. There is Pinyin pronunciation marked under Chinese.
1. COVID-19 was not translated.
2. Inaccurate information. 世界上的唯一一个超级大国的领导组织 should be 'the leading organization of the world's only superpower', not 'the only leading organization in the World'.
The Youdao Fanyi is really impressive and excellent. It translates almost everything perfectly, at least accurately and easily enough to understand for a non-native speaker. For an online translation site, I would give it 5 stars.
In the evaluation of Chinese-English translation, Sogou Fanyi's results are equally impressive, and even better than Youdao, I will rate it as super 5 stars.
In the evaluation of Chinese to English, we are pleasantly surprised to find that Youdao Fanyi keeps its accuracy and ability to understand popular information.
At the same time, we think that sogou Fanyi's performance is not inferior to Youdao, even better. Considering that it is not outstanding in the reviews of English to Chinese, we are surprised by its accurate ability to master Chinese-English translation.
Compared with the two, we recommend Sogou Fanyi as the best choice for your Chinese-English translation.