Baidu Maps (Baidu Ditu 百度地图)
Baidu maps is one of the most widely used digital maps in China, also known as Baidu Ditu in Pinyin, and 百度地图 in Chinese Characters. Relying on the advanced baidu artificial intelligence and powerful database, you can not only use it to accurately locate very remote locations, but also keep up-to-time on the real-time traffic situations. You can choose your preferrals among traditional map interface and real street view navigation. In addition, it provides a variety of recommended travel modes, including public transport like train and bus, self-driving, walking, bicycle, and so on.
However, Baidu maps' interface doesn't offer a version in English. Below I will introduce how to use Baidu maps step by step.
How to Use Baidu Maps?
Most of the time when you need Baidu maps, you are usually on the road with a mobile device. So here we introduce how to use the mobile version.
1. Click here to open the Map with your browser. Or you want to use it convenientely with an APP installed, then download it, it is from Baidu official resource; or from the APP store you have.
2. You need to register an account. Enter your mobile phone number here and then the verification code you have received.
3. The system may capture your face on the first login, which you can choose to turn off.
4. Before using Baidu Map, you need to know what these Chinese words mean in English:
到这去: Go to this place
1. After logging in successfully, you will find this interface. Input the name of the location into th upper area. You can choose your travel mode freely on it.
IMPORTANT: Make sure your mobile phone's location function is turned on and VPN is turned off.
2. When you need to find a place, make sure you know the Chinese Pinyin of it. For example, you are going to JUSCO, whose name is 佳世客, and in Pinyin it is JiaShiKe. (Chinese Pinyin is not case sensitive).
3. Click to save it as your favorite place.
4. Click on your profile picture, find '收藏' and then '地点' from it.
5. Find your favorite address in '地点', which means 'Locations', and long-press the saved name for 2 seconds to find '重命名', which means 'Rename', then rename the location in English or other language.
6. Now you can find all locations you have saved and renamed. Cool, right? Next time you use Baidu Maps, just click on the names.
Baidu Maps can help you find nearby service items, convenient for your daily life. Below is the icon translation of the surroundings on the profile interface of Baidu Map.